Insulin Pump System
The MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump with SmartGuard™ closely mimics the way a healthy pancreas delivers basal insulin to your body. As part of the MiniMed™ system it can guide you towards better control1 by providing advanced protection from hypo events2. All of this with personalised settings to fit your daily life and therapy needs.LEARN MORE
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) technology tracks glucose levels in your body 24 hours a day. CGM uses a sensor that connects to your MiniMed™ insulin pump giving you early warnings of highs and lows. CGM is clinically proven to lower HbA1c levels1 and reduce the time of hypos3, and aims to improve quality of life.LEARN MORE
The Ascensia Diabetes Care Contour® NEXT LINK 2.4 is the only blood glucose meter with proven accuracy that sends glucose readings wirelessly to your MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump saving you time and effort. It also allows you to discretely send a bolus directly to your pump and to conveniently download blood glucose and insulin information to CareLink™ Personal, our cloud based therapy management software.LEARN MORE
Our infusion sets with the unique MiniMed™ connection are designed to provide a more secure insulin delivery from your insulin pump to your body. We offer a wide portfolio of different infusion sets to meet your lifestyle needs and body type. Feel comfortable and safe anytime!LEARN MORE
CareLink™ Personal Software is a convenient online tool that accurately tracks your insulin usage and glucose levels, allowing you to compare any changes in glucose levels with your daily activities, such as meals and exercise routines. Clear charts and graphs show you these changes and help you and your diabetes healthcare team discover patterns and adjust your therapy for better control.LEARN MORE
WORKING HARD TO KEEP GLUCOSE LEVELS UNDER CONTROL?
Since many factors can affect your glucose levels, such as diet, exercise and stress levels, you may need a system that can give you better control: an intelligent system. The MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump features innovative technology to more closely mimic the way a healthy pancreas delivers basal insulin to the body in order to help you to achieve better control.
MiniMedTM 640G system also has some other integrated intelligent features for increased protection, such as:
Active insulin tracking
so the insulin still working in your body is displayed on the pump screen and taken into account in the Bolus Wizard™ recommendation
Bolus progress bar
allowing you to see the amount of bolus insulin being delivered; and Stop Bolus, to easily stop a bolus at any time
Predictive battery end of life
so you know when your battery will run out before it happens
PERSONALISED CONVENIENCE - TAILORED TO YOUR NEEDS
Regularly testing your glucose levels. Calculating your insulin dose. Logging your results. There is a lot to think about to maintain daily glucose control. The MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump could make your day easier. It is designed to fit your daily life and take out some of the complexity:
- Personalised basal and bolus settings to fit your needs throughout the day and night
- Programmable friendly reminders so you don’t forget any important activities
- Adjustable audio options so you can change alert notifications depending on your environment e.g., when you are asleep, at the cinema or in a noisy restaurant
- Need help calculating your insulin doses? Bolus Wizard™ can calculate and recommend insulin doses****, displaying the whole calculation on one screen, so you can easily understand it and manage your insulin conveniently and more precisely
- Wireless blood glucose meter (CONTOUR® NEXT LINK 2.4 from Ascensia Diabetes Care) that sends glucose readings directly to your pump and can deliver a bolus remotely
- With our MiniMed™ accessories you can wear your pump the way you want. Discover the collection here
With the design of your MiniMed™ 640G system, you now can:
- Enjoy water activities with our waterproof design+
- Experience easy readability day & night with the full colour and light adjusting display
- Benefit from the intuitive, easy navigation with less button pushing
- Designed for both right and left handed users
- Compared to multiple daily injections, according to the STAR 3 clinical study: Bergenstal RM, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, et al. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:311–320
- Garg S, Brazg RL, Bailey TS , et al. Reduction in duration of hypoglycemia by automatic suspension of insulin delivery: the in-clinic ASPIRE study. Diabetes Tech Ther. 2012;14(3):205-209.
- Section 8 clinical study. Data on File. Bayer Healthcare, LLC.
* Waterproof at time of manufacture up to 3.6 meters for up to 24 hours at a time. See MiniMed™ 640G User Guide for a complete description of the waterproof capabilities and proper use instructions
*** The dynamic resume feature is based on certain preset criteria: sensor glucose must be 1.1 mmol/l above the preset low limit and predicted to be 2.2mmol/l above within 30 minutes AND insulin must have been suspended for at least 30 minutes.