Insulin Pump System
The MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump with SmartGuard™ closely mimics the way a healthy pancreas delivers basal insulin to your body. As part of the MiniMed™ system it can guide you towards better control1 by providing advanced protection from hypo events2. All of this with personalised settings to fit your daily life and therapy needs.LEARN MORE
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) technology tracks glucose levels in your body 24 hours a day. CGM uses a sensor that connects to your MiniMed™ insulin pump giving you early warnings of highs and lows. CGM is clinically proven to lower HbA1c levels1 and reduce the time of hypos3, and aims to improve quality of life.LEARN MORE
The Ascensia Diabetes Care Contour® NEXT LINK 2.4 is the only blood glucose meter with proven accuracy that sends glucose readings wirelessly to your MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump saving you time and effort. It also allows you to discretely send a bolus directly to your pump and to conveniently download blood glucose and insulin information to CareLink™ Personal, our cloud based therapy management software.LEARN MORE
Our infusion sets with the unique MiniMed™ connection are designed to provide a more secure insulin delivery from your insulin pump to your body. We offer a wide portfolio of different infusion sets to meet your lifestyle needs and body type. Feel comfortable and safe anytime!LEARN MORE
CareLink™ Personal Software is a convenient online tool that accurately tracks your insulin usage and glucose levels, allowing you to compare any changes in glucose levels with your daily activities, such as meals and exercise routines. Clear charts and graphs show you these changes and help you and your diabetes healthcare team discover patterns and adjust your therapy for better control.LEARN MORE
WORKING HARD TO KEEP GLUCOSE LEVELS UNDER CONTROL?
Since many factors can affect your glucose levels, such as diet, exercise and stress levels, you may need a system that can give you better control: an intelligent system. The MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump features innovative technology to more closely mimic the way a healthy pancreas delivers basal insulin to the body in order to help you to achieve better control.
The MiniMed™ 640G system features innovative technology to more closely mimic the way a healthy pancreas delivers basal insulin to the body in order to help you to achieve better control.
Our MiniMed™ 640G System combines:
The MiniMed system can guide you towards better control1 by providing advanced protection from hypoglycaemic episodes2 and personalised convenience for easier daily management of your diabetes.
Tired of experiencing unexpected lows? Worried about hypos?
To avoid low glucose levels and maintain good glucose control, it is important to know where your glucose levels are and where they are heading.
The MiniMed™ 640G system is designed to help protect you, so you can feel more secure.
SMARTGUARD™: One step closer to The Artificial Pancreas
SmartGuard™, our exclusive technology, mimics some functions of a healthy pancreas to provide advanced protection against hypoglycaemia.4*
- Based on your sensor glucose values, SmartGuard™ can predict when you are approaching low glucose levels 30 minutes in advance and automatically stop insulin delivery**
- When your glucose levels recover, SmartGuard™ will automatically resume insulin delivery***.
- You have the possibility to set multiple low limits throughout the day to give you increased protection when you need it most.
Dynamically stopping insulin delivery with a suspend feature can significantly reduce the number of hypoglycaemic events.4
93% of those who used a suspend feature in their pump felt more secure managing their diabetes.5
PERSONALISED CONVENIENCE - TAILORED TO YOUR NEEDS
Regularly testing your glucose levels. Calculating your insulin dose. Logging your results. There is a lot to think about to maintain daily glucose control. The MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump could make your day easier. It is designed to fit your daily life and take out some of the complexity:
- Personalised basal and bolus settings to fit your needs throughout the day and night
- Programmable friendly reminders so you don’t forget any important activities
- Adjustable audio options so you can change alert notifications depending on your environment e.g., when you are asleep, at the cinema or in a noisy restaurant
- Need help calculating your insulin doses? Bolus Wizard™ can calculate and recommend insulin doses****, displaying the whole calculation on one screen, so you can easily understand it and manage your insulin conveniently and more precisely
- Wireless blood glucose meter (CONTOUR® PLUS LINK 2.4 from Ascensia Diabetes Care) that sends glucose readings directly to your pump and can deliver a bolus remotely
- With our MiniMed™ accessories you can wear your pump the way you want. Discover the collection here
With the design of your MiniMed™ 640G system, you now can:
- Enjoy water activities with our waterproof design+
- Experience easy readability day & night with the full colour and light adjusting display
- Benefit from the intuitive, easy navigation with less button pushing
- Designed for both right and left handed users
1 Compared to multiple daily injections, according to the STAR 3 clinical study: Bergenstal RM, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, et al. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:311–320.
2 Garg S, Brazg RL, Bailey TS , et al. Reduction in duration of hypoglycemia by automatic suspension of insulin delivery: the in-clinic ASPIRE study. Diabetes Tech Ther. 2012;14(3):205-209.
3 Section 8 clinical study. Data on File. Bayer Healthcare, LLC.
4 Bergenstal RM, Klonoff DC, Garg SK. et al. Threshold-Based Insulin-Pump Interruption for Reduction of Hypoglycemia. N Engl J Med. 2013; 369(3):224-232.
5 User Evaluations. Data on File, Medtronic MiniMed, Inc.,Northridge, CA
* Must be using Guardian 2 Link with Enlite to enable SmartGuard feature on the MiniMed™ 640G insulin pump. A confirmatory blood glucose finger test is still required prior to making adjustments to diabetes therapy.
** The dynamic suspend feature is based on certain criteria: sensor glucose must be within 70 mg/dL of the low limit and predicted to be 20 mg/dL above the low limit within 30 minutes AND the pump must not be in the refractory period.
***The dynamic resume feature is based on certain preset criteria: sensor glucose must be 20 mg/dL above the preset low limit and predicted to be 40 mg/dL above within 30 minutes AND insulin must have been suspended for at least 30 minutes.
****Calculation is based on the amount of insulin currently in the body, the amount of carbohydrates, the user’s current and target blood sugar levels, their insulin-to-carb ratio and their body’s sensitivity to insulin. Proper Bolus Wizard set-up must be completed first. Users must input the number carbohydrates they are eating and their current Blood Glucose value before the Bolus Wizard® can calculate the insulin users should take.
†Waterproof at time of manufacture up to 3.6 meters for up to 24 hours at a time. See MiniMed™ 640G User Guide for a complete description of the waterproof capabilities and proper use instructions.